[Cmake] 2 x configure_file

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Sep 20 14:03:58 EDT 2004

Dekeyser, Kris wrote:
> Consider three projects A, B and C and B depends on A and C depends on A. I
> want to have a workspace with A and B and a separate one with A and C. So I
> created:
>
> SUBDIRS(A)
> SUBDIRS(B)
> SUBDIRS(EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL C)
>
> and in subdir C:
> SUBDIRS(../A)
> SUBDIRS(C)

Using ".." in a SUBDIRS command is not supported.  However, your desired
combination of workspaces/projects sounds like a useful feature.  Please
add it to the bug tracker:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

as a feature request.  It probably will not be implemented for quite a
while because doing it will require a new Visual Studio generator.
Several other features require a new generator too, so when we have time
a new generator will be written and all the feature requests addressed.

-Brad