[Cmake] Undefined ${CMAKE_COMMAND} in POST_INSTALL_SCRIPT

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 2 15:11:09 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm having a problem I really can't figure in a CMake post install
script.  I am using SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES as follows:

# Install the pdf file
INSTALL_TARGETS(/share/cisst/doc/doxygen
                ${cisstDocDoxygen_BINARY_DIR}/latex/refman.pdf)

# Install the html files generated
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${cisstDocDoxygen_BINARY_DIR}/latex/refman.pdf
                      PROPERTIES POST_INSTALL_SCRIPT
                      ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/postInstall.cmake)

The install script has the following code:

MESSAGE("Custom installation of Doxygen HTML pages")

# List of files to install
FILE(GLOB FILES_TO_INSTALL html/*.*)

# Copy these files using CMake to remain portable
FOREACH(file ${FILES_TO_INSTALL})
MESSAGE(${CMAKE_COMMAND}
        "  " ${file} "  " ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX})
#  EXEC_PROGRAM(${CMAKE_COMMAND}
#               ARGS copy ${file}
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/cisst/doc/doxygen)
ENDFOREACH(file)

when I try "make install", the first message appears correctly but the
variables ${CMAKE_COMMAND} and ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX} are empty.

What should I do?  I could probably define CMAKE_COMMAND but I need to
pass the current value of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Sincerely,

Anton Deguet

--
Anton Deguet                          Systems Engineer
ERC CISST                     Johns Hopkins University