[CMake] ctest dashboard submission and corporate proxy/firewall

jean-michel.rouet at philips.com jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Tue Nov 23 04:52:18 EST 2004

Hi all,

First sorry if the question was already asked, but the pipermail page does
not provide any search tool...

I was trying to setup an automatic dashboard submission using ctest -D or
ctest -S somescript.cmake, but it failed:
The reason is that I'm behind a corporate firewall both for HTTP and FTP.
even though I set my http_proxy and ftp_proxy environment variables to
point to the correct location, ctest does not work.

The problem is that both proxy are not transparent proxies:
 o http proxy requires authentification (username + password), and I do
not know where to set those password for ctest.
 o ftp proxy needs a username set as USER at EXTHOST  e.g.
ftpuser at public.kitware.com, and here again there is no way to specify this
to ctest.

So how can I make it work ?
Is there a documentation for that anywhere ? I could not find any relevant
information on the Wiki page.

Regards,
JM