[CMake] kdevelop3 generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Nov 23 02:45:24 EST 2004

> I've just started developing on linux and wanted to play with the
> KDevelop generator that was recently added.
>
> When I run cmake on vtk with the -GKDevelop3 flag, it generates just two
> files in the build directory, one is a .kdevelop file and the other a
> filelist, however, in the subdirectories, there is nothing and when I
> load the project, there is nothing at all in the project, just an empty
> shell. (The filelist does contain the vtk stuff though)

That's probably because your kdevelop is too old ;-)

> I realize the generator is new and still requires some work for out of
> source builds etc. Are there any special tricks I need to watch out for.
> I'm new to linux so there's a high probability that I've made some
> trivial error. Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Cheers
>
> JB
> NB. Using CVS CMake from yesterday.
> KDevelop 3.0.4 built from source with much difficulty. QT 3.3.3 same.

Current kdevelop would be better. Try getting it from kde cvs from
KDE_3_3_BRANCH.
Then you should see the files.
Is your kdevelop able to compile the project (although you don't see the
files) ?

Bye
Alex

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++