[Cmake] EXEC_PROGRAM - bug, "feature", or my bad? Mac OS X 10.3 / BSD

paul. poppenhe at umich.edu
Tue Jun 22 11:23:53 EDT 2004

hello,

When trying to invoke an external makefile with the command:
EXEC_PROGRAM(make ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/RenderSystems/GL/src/nvparse/)
cmake executes:
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
running cd "/Users/crescent/Documents/My\
Documents/Download/-Developer/Ogre/ogreCmake/RenderSystems/GL/src/
nvparse/" && make 2>&1
sh: line 1: cd: /Users/crescent/Documents/My\
Documents/Download/-Developer/Ogre/ogreCmake/RenderSystems/GL/src/
nvparse/: No such file or directory
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done

The quotes are what is killing it:
% cd "/Users/crescent/Documents/My\
Documents/Download/-Developer/Ogre/ogreCmake/RenderSystems/GL/src/
nvparse/"
tcsh: /Users/crescent/Documents/My\
Documents/Download/-Developer/Ogre/ogreCmake/RenderSystems/GL/src/
nvparse/: No such file or directory.

but if I:
% cd /Users/crescent/Documents/My\
Documents/Download/-Developer/Ogre/ogreCmake/RenderSystems/GL/src/
nvparse/
%

weird, i know.

I'm using Mac OS X, which uses the BSD cd command. I'm not entirely
positive, but that might be the issue at hand.

Anyone know how to work around this? (other than editing the generated
makefile :P)

- paul