[Cmake] CMAKE_OBJECT_FILE_SUFFIX problem

Likhachev Igor Igor.Likhachev at elcoteq.com
Thu Jun 17 07:31:02 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I am writing configuration file for toolchain used in our project,  ARM
C/Cpp and MS-NMake we're working under Windows.
Now I am able to build the project using CMake, but one problem is still
exists.
Formally the object file extension should be "o" and I thought
setting  CMAKE_OBJECT_FILE_SUFFIX to  ".o" can help me but really this
command does nothing .
Searching in CMake sources gave me zero result, so this variable is never
being used.
I don't know is it bug of the CMake or I got something wrong? Anyway how can
I change object's extension?

Thank in advance,
        Igor