[Cmake] ADD_DEPENDENCIES problem

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 02:00:56 EDT 2004

> Ok, I did and it still generates the same Makefile, the dependency added
> with ADD_DEPENDENCY is the last in the Makefile rule, so the objects are
> built before the added dependency, but the added dependency has to be
> processed before the other fiels are built.
>
> How about adding support for ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND PRE_BUILD for Makefiles
?
> For most cases it should already be enough to insert the rule as the
first
> rule in the all: target, or before all other dependencies int he build
> rule for the specified target. What do you think ?

Ok, can you give me some starting help how to implement this in cmake ?
I had a look at the ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND implementation, but this doesn't do
everything. There must be several steps involved, and the there must be a
step where all targets are collected and then written into the makefile.
Where can I find this ?

Bye
Alex

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl