[Cmake] install subdirs - example

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jun 1 04:03:48 EDT 2004

Hi Andy,
the problem still exists.
I tested with 2.0.1 and CVS HEAD (2.1.0 / 2004-May-29) on Linux.
I wrote a minimal example describing the problem.

You can download the ZIP (2kB) here:

http://www.mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~jw/cmake/data/BIAS.zip

Regards,
Jan.

ps: explanaition for the mailing list:

> INSTALL_PROGRAMS
> INSTALL_TARGETS

> - There is a bug in my CMake version (2.0.1 linux).

## ------------------------------------------
## try 1:

INSTALL_TARGETS(/bin hello)

# doesn't work: (out of place build)
#
# jw at oste:source/helloWorldTest/build> make install
# Building installation install...
# Running cmake script file cmake_install.cmake
# -- Installing /home/jw/tmp/include/hello.h
# -- Installing /home/jw/tmp/bin/hello
# CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
# /home/jw/source/helloWorldTest/build/tools/cmake_install.cmake:6:
# FILE cannot find file: hello to install.
# make: *** [install] Error 255
#

## JW: I think the problem is the
## missing extraction of the subdirectory name/path 'tools'
## in the INCLUDE of cmake_install.cmake
## the file is there and install works if you run make install in subdir.

## -------------------------------------------
## try 2:

#INSTALL_PROGRAMS(/bin hello)

# doesn't work correctly (but installs the binary)
#
#
#Running cmake script file cmake_install.cmake
#-- Installing /home/jw/tmp/include/hello.h
#-- Installing /home/jw/tmp/bin/hello.cpp
#-- Installing /home/jw/tmp/bin/hello.h
#
## JW: the problem is that the hello.cpp file is installed, too.

Regards,
Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel