[Cmake] install from subdirs ?

Jan-Friso Evers evers at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jun 1 02:31:11 EDT 2004

Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> So all ok?

Sorry, I think Jan W. proposed (see below) a work-araound, not a bugfix.
Using INSTALL_PROGRAMS() works, but why does INSTALL_TARGETS() does not?

from the CMake manual:

INSTALL_PROGRAMS
        Create UNIX install rules for programs.
        [...]
        This command is intended to install programs that are not built
        by cmake, such as shell scripts.  See INSTALL_TARGETS to create
        installation rules for targets built by cmake.
INSTALL_TARGETS
        Create UNIX install rules for targets.
        [...]
        Create rules to install the listed targets into the given
        directory.

My targets a are not emty nor non-existent, they are given by
ADD_EXECUTABLE() and build correctly. What is missing is the full path
to the target (the binary file to bee installed) in the cerresponding
line in cmake_install.cmake

I think there are two possible explanations:

- I messed with some magic built-in variables, so that path-prefixing
   does not work properply.
- There is a bug in my CMake version (2.0.1 linux).