[Cmake] Cmake can not run correctly

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 09:10:55 EDT 2004

This could be  a few things.

1. you have a really slow computer
2. your are running into the XP network path bug.  Sometimes if a network path becomes
unavailable visual studio runs, but runs very slow.
3. could be service pack problems.

Things to try:

1. be patient and let it run for a long time....
2. reboot windows xp and see if it helps
3. upgrade visual studio 6 to service pack 6.
4. buy a new computer

All cmake is doing is ruining devenv from the command line and having it compile
some test programs.  It should not take forever, but it can take some time.
If you kill cmake in the middle of this you may not be able to compile as
the try compiles my get incorrect answers about what the compiler supports.