[Cmake] Cached settings

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 9 09:14:49 EDT 2004

Matt Valerio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just compiled VTK using CMake from the latest stable release under
> Cygwin.  When I ran ccmake, I had to tweak a lot of settings to get it
> to work.
>
> Now I'd like to compile the latest CVS of VTK, and would like to use the
> exact same settings as I did when I compiled the latest stable release.
> Are there any files where the cmake settings are stored from ccmake that
> I can just copy over into the new CVS directory so that I don't have to
> type everything in again?  If so, what are they called and where are the
> located?

Nothing is ever stored in the source tree.  All your settings are in the
top level of the build tree in a file called CMakeCache.txt.  A future
release of CMake will have a feature to print out the list of all your
changes so that you can use them to initialize another tree, but
currently this feature is under development.

For now you can manually copy the changed settings out of the cache file
and put them in a file with the same name in the new build tree using a
text editor.

-Brad