[Cmake] Custom Generator not working any more...

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:51:04 -0000

> I am not sure how that ever worked.
CMAKE_SYSTEM_AND_C_COMPILER_INFO_FILE is
> an internal variable that is SET in CMakeSystemSpecificInformation.cmake
every

Aha. Perhaps that's it. Maybe I deleted these entries from
CMakeSystemSpecificInformation and accidently did a clean update on that
file, thus losing my changes.

> time.  It is set just prior to being used, so I don't see how setting it
anywhere
> would do any good.

Understood.

> You could try setting the components of it, CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME and
CMAKE_C_COMPILER.

I'll look at this

> Another option, might be to set this variable:
> CMAKE_USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE
> When set that variable will load a file after cmake sets up all the
compiler stuff,
> and at that point you can override or add anything you want.

And this.

> You might want to save the initial value and use it in your file if you
want
> it to still work.

Many thanks. It's been a long time since I wrote the generator, so I'll have
to see if I can follow the "correct" way of doing it.

cheers

JB