[Cmake] How does SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES work?

Gavin Baker gavinb at antonym . org
24 Jun 2003 18:36:15 +1000

--=-bD6tDPdP6qEIc9CMOVTL

Hi David,

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 17:32, David Svoboda wrote:
> I have read the Brad King's advice about library versioning:
>=20
> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${MYLIB} PROPERTIES LIBRARY_SOVERSION 1.6.3
>                                        LIBRARY_VERSION 4)
>=20
> I had used it, but nothing has happened.

Library versioning is not yet supported in CMake - it is a feature I am
currently working on adding.  Brad's advice related to the
implementation, not to usage.  I hope to have the support finished
fairly soon, and have submitted a second preliminary patch for feedback.

Check the message "Shared library versioning (Take II)" on this list for
the most recent patch.  It isn't finished yet, but hopefully isn't far
off.

> It seems SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES is inhibited!? =20
> (I'm using the last stable version of CMake)

The SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES command still works fine; it just depends on
whether anything else actually does anything with the properties.  In
this case, they won't.

regards,

  :: Gavin

--=20
Gavin Baker // gavinb*antonym_org // Linux|Python|Esperanto|MIDI|Cheese

--=-bD6tDPdP6qEIc9CMOVTL

--=-bD6tDPdP6qEIc9CMOVTL--