[Cmake] How does SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES work?

David Svoboda xsvobod2 at informatics . muni . cz
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:32:52 +0200

Hello,

I have read the Brad King's advice about library versioning:

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${MYLIB} PROPERTIES LIBRARY_SOVERSION 1.6.3
                                       LIBRARY_VERSION 4)

I had used it, but nothing has happened. A part of my makefile looks like
this:

***

libMMM.so: $(MMM_SRC_OBJS)  $(MMM_DEPEND_LIBS)
   echo "Building shared library libMMM.so..."
   $(RM) libMMM.so
   c++ -fPIC   -shared -o libMMM.so $(MMM_SRC_OBJS)  -L/usr/local/lib -lm
		-ljpeg -ltiff -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib

***

i.e. the same as without using the command SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES

In addition I had tried the following

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(target PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS "/nodefaultlib:<lib>")

but with the same result - nothing has changed. No additional options in
my makefile have appeared.

It seems SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES is inhibited!?
(I'm using the last stable version of CMake)

-David