[Cmake] kwsys

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

John,

> I see ITK is using it, but not Cmake. Can it be considered stable yet or
> should I hold off switching my local stuff to using it. (And will the
> versions in ITK CMake etc etc be synchronized - indeed, will they share
> binaries....etc)

Alot of the "configure jiggery pokery" is there to solve the problem of
versioning and requiring the library to build a project.  This library is
designed to be included in other projects.  Every symbol's name is
configured into a namespace specified by the parent project.  Classes and
functions will be selectively included/excluded as seen fit by each
project that includes it.

Therefore, cmake will use "cmkwsys", ITK will use "itkkwsys", and your
project (if using it) should use something like "jbkwsys".  Once it is
ready, I'll clean up its cmake listfile code and write documentation
describing how to use it in another project.

-Brad