[Cmake] Using Cross GCC with VC++ ide

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:29:03 -0400

Currently, we support gnu makefiles under cygwin only.
If you install the cygwin version of cmake it will generate
gnu makefiles.   I think Francis Larrivée was looking into adding
support for gmake.   It should not be that hard to add.

I do not think there is a way from a cmake list file to add
new depends on to a target.   However, I think you could
do it with a cmake plugin.   You will want to look at
this function:
 void  (*SourceFileAddDepend) (void *sf, const char *depend);

I think that if you add the depends to the source file, cmake will
put them in that USERDEP_HACK section.

In the source for cmake, there is an example loadeded command:

 CMake/Tests/LoadCommand/

-Bill