[Cmake] Using Cross GCC with VC++ ide

Nitin Gupta ngupta at GlobespanVirata . com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:07:14 +0530

Hi,
	I just downloaded CMake and am trying out its
	windows and Linux builds.

	The projects made by CMake work beautifully
	with VC++ (I'm using 6.0). Thanks for the immensely
	useful tool with support of variety of make
	formats.

	I was wondering why doesn't CMake support
	gmake Makefile generation on Windows as it does
	in Linux? I hope I'm not missing out something obvious !

	I was considering switching our build environment
	to CMake with VC++ IDE as GUI. We use a port of gcc cross
	compiler and currently we are deploying commercial VC++
	plugin to do the job. This plugin does not do a good job
	when it comes to automatically updation of the dependencies.
	Can this be done with current implementation of CMake?
	I tried my hand by adding header dependencies in
	USERDEP__HACK for a source file in the .dsp file
	generated by CMake for VC++ projects and it worked.
	So my question is can we tweak some module description
	(or add new say GCC_VC module) so that CMake emits
	this dependency info in .dsp and updates it on subsequent builds?
	Thoughts?

	Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Nitin