[Cmake] Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!

Bitter, Ingmar (NIH/CC/DRD) IBitter at cc . nih . gov
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:38:23 -0400

The reason is:
I wanted to use the AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY command to find source files
(*.cpp) as well as header files (*.h).  This is because I would like both of
them to show up in my MS VC++ .dsp project file.  (Reading it afterwards in
Slickedit enables me to get the cross referenceing right, without the
headers searches will only happen in the .cpp files and edit-auto-completion
does not work).

Hence, I modified the source to add the *.h files to the list of files
returned by AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY

-Ingmar

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hoffman [mailto:bill . hoffman at kitware . com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 3:33 PM
To: Bitter, Ingmar (NIH/CC/DRD); cmake at public . kitware . com
Subject: Re: [Cmake] Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!

I would strongly recommend that you use the pre-compiled binaries for CMake
on windows.    Is there a reason that you need the cvs version?

CMake needs more than just the executable to run, so to create your
own binary you would have to make sure the directory structure looks like
the binary release, or the source directory still exists on the machine
that it is run on.   (Currently there is no make install for windows.)

The directory should be something like this:
./bin/ - all executables cmake, CMakeSetup, ctest, cmw9xcom.exe
./include/cmCPluginAPI.h
./Modules/  - the modules directory
./Templates  - the templates directory