[Cmake] CMSetup.exe giving me version 1.4? - #%$&#$! web cach e

Wheeler, Fred (Research) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Wed Jan 29 13:57:05 EST 2003

> From: Bill Hoffman [mailto:bill.hoffman at kitware.com]
>
> I just tried it here, and it worked.   Perhaps your web browser has
> cached CMSetup.exe.   Have you tried the check for updates feature on
> the menu?

It was the stupid web cache.  I thought it might be the web cache before I wrote for help.  I had
tried fetching cmake with wget several times in rapid succession, which usually triggers the web
cache to refresh itself.  It didn't have an effect at the time, but now I'm getting version 1.6
correctly.

Again, it would be helpful if CMSetup.exe were named CMSetup160.exe.  This would also have the
advantage of letting people revert to any version they wish.

Fred Wheeler