[Cmake] Newbie Questions

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jan 17 09:42:49 EST 2003

You can specify the compiler and flags with environment variables:
CXX=cxx-compiler
CC=c-compiler
CFLAGS=default-c-flags
CXXFLAGS=default-cxx-flags

This will seed the cache with those values.

We do not directly support asm files, but you could do it with a custom command
and some macros.   Java is supported in this way right now.
It is a bit complicated, but the example is in Modules/CMakeJavaCompiler.cmake.in
Basically, for each .s file you will need an ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND.
You can do this in a FOREACH, and a MACRO that takes the list of .s files.

-Bill