[Cmake] Newbie Questions

Matthew Gilbert gilbert at voxmea.net
Wed Jan 15 23:05:16 EST 2003

All,

I have a few questions on getting started with cmake.

First, is there an easy way to have a compiler prefix? Right now I'm
overwriting CMAKE_C_COMPILER and family in my lists file. However,
these of course don't show up in ccmake. Is there an easy way to do
this? I am trying to support cross compiling easily (without having to
edit every executable line in the cache file). A related question is
how can I set some default compiler flags depending on my architecture.
I'd like to set defaults for CMAKE_C_FLAGS but these end up being
ignored (or at least don't show up in ccmake, I can't remember which).
I'd much rather have some basic defaults as opposed to distributing a
bunch of cache files. I'd also like these defaults to show up in ccmake
so that a user can see what I've set.

Also, how can I support assembly files? In 1.4.6 cmake treats my .s
files in my ADD_EXECUTABLE line just like my .c files. But in 1.6beta1
it complains about an unknown extension. I've tried setting up a custom
target and custom build commands but I can't figure out how to get my
custom target to depend on any of my objects. Again, what should I do
here and what is going to be the behavior in the future (1.4.6 vs.
1.6beta1).

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. -Matt Gilbert