[Cmake] Bug:in wrap tcl - Was Problem with LoadCommand

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 14:41:40 EST 2003

I've just committed a bug fix to cmVTKWrapTclCommand.

Explanation : My cmakelists.txt contains the following

SET( Propagation_SRCS
  vtkAsciiRasterReader
  vtkBestTestPointSelector
  ...lots more here
  Obsolete/vtkAbstractCoverageFilter.cpp
  Obsolete/vtkATDIGeoReaderBytes.cpp
  ...lots more here
)

when the tcl wrap command does it's stuff. It misses out the Obsolete
directory and so the makefile fails because the dependency is in the wrong
directory (it puts the vtkAbstractCoverageFilterTcl.cxx in Propagation\, but
the header it was generated from is in Propagation\Obsolete). I made a fix
to VTK_WRAP_TCL2 (in my local tree) and it works fine, but I never made the
fix to the original vtk_wrap_tcl command - when I compile my projects, it
seems that the original command is getting used instead of the new wrap_tcl2
command (this must be recent because I did a check0out yesterday and all my
projects started failing, but they used to compile ok - and this is why I
tried to manually load the Wrap_tcl2 command), so sometime recently the
wrapping reverted back to the old tcl command instead of the new
(dynamically loaded) one. (I confirmed this by removing the old wrap tcl
from the cmake makefiles and sure enough it couldn't do wrapping because the
commands didn't exist).

Anyway. it could be that my fix is causing a crash for some reason, so I'll
check it in and could someone try it to see if it's ok, maybe I've done a
sloppy job on it. I never quite know which directory is which when cmake is
actually at work and it's tricky debugging as I've got MS and Borland using
different bits. I'll try compiling cmake with Borland and see if the problem
goes away.

JB