[Cmake] Valgrind support in CTest

Andy Cedilnik andy . cedilnik at kitware . com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:07:43 -0500

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I added initial Valgrind support in
CTest. As you probably know CTest can play a role of Dart client and so
far it supported Update, Configure, Build, Test, Coverage, and Submit.
Well, now it also supports MemCheck, which runs the appropriate memory
checker (so far only Valgrind is supported) and submits the result. I
submitted CMake dashboard with MemCheck output:

http://www . cmake . org/Testing/Sites/andoria . kitware/Linux-gcc3 . 3 . 2/20031216-0100-Nightly/Purify . html

There are couple of issues with it though:

1. No suppression file yet, working on that.
2. You need special DartConfiguration.tcl.in file. The one in CMake is
ok, while the one in Dart is bad.
3. Purify and Bounds Checker are not implemented yet. I will do Purify
soon, but for Bounds Checker we will have to wait until I get the
software.

There are also some issues which I discuss on the Dart mailing list:
http://public . kitware . com/pipermail/dart/2003-December/006184 . html

Oh, and did I tell you that it supports plain (non hacked/patched)
Valgrind? For that dashboard I used whatever is in Debian-Testing.

Please send me comments.

				Andy Cedilnik
				Kitware Inc.