[Cmake] Borland 5.5.1, Templates/*.cxx files with '+' chars used in execs

Wheeler, Frederick W (Research) wheeler at crd . ge . com
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:30:54 -0500

CMake List:

There seems to be a problem with Borland 5.5.1 and Templates/*.cxx files
that have a '+' character in them that are directly linked into
executables (as opposed to being used in libraries).

This situation happens in VXL/contrib/rpl/rrel/tests
http://cvs . sourceforge . net/viewcvs . py/vxl/vxl/contrib/rpl/rrel/tests/

The CMakeLists.txt file:
http://cvs . sourceforge . net/viewcvs . py/vxl/vxl/contrib/rpl/rrel/tests/CMakeLi
sts.txt?rev=1.12&view=markup

The directory VXL/contrib/rpl/rrel/tests/Templates contains file
vcl_vector+image_point_match-.cxx.  If I rename that file to
vcl_vectorimage_point_match-.cxx (dropping the '+') everything
compiles fine.  If the file is left as is, I get the errors below.

Building executable
C:\cygwin\home\wheeler\work_vxl\vxl_bld_bcc\contrib\rpl\rrel\tests\rrel_test
_all.exe...
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCL_VECTOR.OBJ'
** error 1 ** deleting
C:\cygwin\home\wheeler\work_vxl\vxl_bld_bcc\contrib\rpl\rrel\tests\rrel_test
_all.exe
** error 1 ** deleting default_target

I know Borland will not allow '-' characters in directory names, so
this does not surprise me too much.  Is there anything Cmake can do
about this?  Any recommendations on how to deal with this?

Thanks,
Fred Wheeler