[Cmake] Newbie struggling with ADD_DEPENDENCIES

Alexandre Laoubi alexandre . laoubi at thales-is . com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:59:27 +0200

Hello,

in our project we need to generate some source files with a binary of our
own.
There was no problem to write a custom target and command to fullfill this.
But we don't manage to write the dependencies between our custom target
and the main target. Our simplest CMakeList.txt looks like this :

PROJECT(hello)
ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(dummy1 ALL echo dummy1)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(hello hello.cxx)
ADD_DEPENDENCIES(hello dummy1)

I don't understand why theses instructions do not produce a Makefile where
hello.exe target depends on dummy1 target ?

Thanks.