[Cmake] cmake newbie w/ some basic questions

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Apr 15 12:19:42 EDT 2003

Hi Byron,

Simple.

If you downloaded cmake-1.6.6-osx.dmg, then all you do is you click on
it and follow installation instructions. If you downloaded
cmake-1.6.6-darwin.tar.gz, then you untar it to some directory and you
are done.

The first one comes with OSX GUI, so it will create icon in
Applications. You can click the icon and the GUI will pop up.

The second one comes with text based GUI. You go to the binary directory
(let say ~/vtk/VTK-bin) and type <path to>/ccmake <source directory> for
example:
cd ~/vtk/VTK-bin
~/cmake/bin/ccmake ~/vtk/VTK

This assumes CMake is untared in ~/cmake and VTK source is in ~/vtk/VTK.

			Andy