[Cmake] V 1.6 error on Linux

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 3 22:26:46 EST 2003

> Error opening terminal: xterm.
>
> I have the same problem on linux than Neil with the
> cmake-1.6.6-x86-linux.tar.gz
> <http://www.cmake.org/files/cmake-1.6.6-x86-linux.tar.gz> release but
> not with the previous one (1.6.5).
>
> I have try with the CVS head version (1.7) and it works well.
>
> What's wrong, any idea ?

The curses library in ccmake is linked statically in the distributed
binary.  It is a pretty old version because the binary was built on a
machine with glibc 2.1 to be compatible with more linux distributions.
Since you built the version from CVS on your machine, you got a newer
curses.  I've added a curses upgrade to the list of things to do for
version 1.6.7.

-Brad