[Cmake] CodeWarrior and cmake

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Apr 2 12:08:40 EST 2003

> Hi all, I'm trying to build VTK, and I need to be able to build it in
> CodeWarrior, on Mac OS X.  There seem to be generators for CodeWarrior
> XML projects, but they seem geared towards classic MacOS.  Also, they
> don't seem to be included in the Makefiles (duh) or have a project
file
> associated with them.  Is there someone out there working on these
> still?

Hello James,

I started creating generators for CodeWarrior but abandoned it after
running into too many issues with the XML Code Warrior format. The state
I left them in supposedly would generate valid projects for some
examples and the CMake issues were not a problem. It was the CodeWarrior
XML file format that was the problem. Plus I'm not a Mac person so many
of the formats and terms didn't mean a lot to me. For example Soiux
sounds like an Indian tribe and I'm not sure what it is doing on a Mac
:-) At the end of the day my thought was that Code warrior support could
be added as a command line Makefile based option just as any other
compiler can be added (some minor config files need to be written in
CMake/Modules/Platform) So no CodeWarrior GUI  but I'd be happy to help
with the CMake internals if you want to try using/fixing the CodeWarrior
XML generator.

Thanks
Ken