[Vxl-users] Re: [Cmake] VXL/cmake cygwin build: link line -l option order

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Fri May 10 11:23:48 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:59:46AM -0400, Amitha Perera wrote:
> Initial tests seem indicate that the problem is not with dependency
> analysis, but with list file caching.

I'm wrong. It is with part of the dependency analysis work. In
particular, we tried to avoid duplication of the link line caused by
calling LINK_LIBRARIES after an ADD_EXECUTABLE. (Recall calls to
AddGlobalLinkInformation.) I was trying to be efficient and use a set,
which caused duplicates to be removed!

Perhaps the fix is to assume that global link libraries are always
added, never removed? That is, when merging in the latest global link
libraries,

function   MergeLibraries( globalLibs )
   Iterator i=globalLibs.begin();
   i += prevLibs.size();