[Vxl-users] Re: [Cmake] VXL/cmake cygwin build: link line -l option order

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Fri May 10 10:59:46 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:46:23AM -0400, Ken Martin wrote:
> If there is a problem in the library linking then we really need to
> track this down. I'd like to branch CMake 4.0 very soon and if there
> is a problem then it would be best if we could track it down before
> releasing 1.4. So if you have a chance to look into this, that would
> be great.

Initial tests seem indicate that the problem is not with dependency
analysis, but with list file caching. In particular, vxl uses a lot of
INCLUDE(...) to work around the lack of dependency analysis, so it
expects
  INCLUDE(a)  INCLUDE(b) INCLUDE(a)
to include "a" twice. At first glance, this does not seem to be
happening. I'm looking deeper.

Amitha.