[Cmake] UNIX GUI ?

Cross, Geoff (CRD) crossge at crd.ge.com
Wed May 16 17:08:38 EDT 2001

> As long as Ken brought this up on the list,
> I was thinking it would be cool if the GUI used a web browser
> to edit the cache.  However, I am not sure if there are ways around
> the security in javascript,etc.   The browser would need to be able
> to edit the cache, and launch a program (cmake) to build the files.
> I guess if we could launch a program with command line args it could
> edit the file.   Does anyone know if this can be done without running
> a web server locally?

In principle, a good idea, but the lack of an anywhere near decent browser under UNIX worries me:
netscape is so flacky I've given up using that, and resorted to using Explorer under NT (despite all
my promises back in my youth).

"wish" seems to be the choice of the linux community (type make xconfig on a linux kernel source
tree), but afraid I know nothing about it.

Geoff.