[Cmake] cmSourceFilesCommand : SOURCE_FILES NAME file AS target

sebastien at barre.nom.fr sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Mon May 14 10:58:32 EDT 2001

Bill Hoffman écrit:

> At 02:29 PM 5/14/2001 +0000, sebastien at barre.nom.fr wrote:
>
> I think the depends will be fine.

I'll test that first, for sure :)

> However, it would not be trivial
> to implement your changes in the generators.   For example, the Microsoft
> projects do not have a rule per c++ file that we can change.

Yes, I was afraid of that. I had a quick look at the .dsp... is this DSP
format documented somewhere ? URL ? I guess the easiest way to check that
is to see make it right in the GUI (say that a source file should be
compiled to a different target file), and see what the generated DSP looks
like. I'll keep you posted about that.

But that would be easy for the Makefile.

> So changing
> the output name of an individual target will not be easy.  Also, I would like
> to make writing new generators as easy as possible.   The code to output
> different .o files or .obj files differs from compiler to compiler, and dsps, and make systems.

Oh sorry, I was speaking of the name, not of the file extension, which, of
course, is definitely generator-dependant.