[Cmake] Re: [vtk-developers] New VTK directory structure and build process (bug fix).

sebastien at barre.nom.fr sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Thu May 10 09:31:18 EDT 2001

Ken Martin écrit:

> > => there might be a problem. I don't think
> > TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES expect
> > something ending with .lib.
>
> .lib.lib was a bug Bill fixed late last night.

Good. Sorry Bill. Sometimes I just don't know if it's a bug left or
something you knew about and were going to fix later. After all, there is
only 24 hours a day. Feel free to tell me if you want me to put my feet
somewhere else :)

> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore]

> Yes. This is in the plan for the FIND_* commands.  How about a syntax
> like the following
>
> FIND_LIBRARY (FOO_LIBRARY foo.lib
>   PATHS /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
>   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]/lib
>   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\InstallPath]/lib
>   etc)

Oh I see. Clever. Although we will have to list every major/minor
combination (like Tcl in the findTcl rule), but that's obviously the most
simple way to start with. I guess we should first add a more general
command in cmSystemUtils to dig into the registry :)

I think the correct syntax would be :

FIND_LIBRARY (FOO_LIBRARY foo.lib
  PATHS /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
  REGISTRY
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]/lib
  REGISTRY
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\InstallPath]/lib
  etc)

otherwise it is going to be difficult to recognize a registry key.