[Cmake] RE: [vtk-developers] New VTK directory structure and build process (bug fix).

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu May 10 08:52:47 EDT 2001

> => there might be a problem. I don't think
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES expect
> something ending with .lib.

.lib.lib was a bug Bill fixed late last night.

> Ken : as I told you today, CMake is already defining a flag
> while building
> vtkCommonPython : vtkCommonPython_EXPORTS. So I guess that
> we could simply
> modify vtkPythonUtil.h that way :
>
> Replace all VTK_EXPORT in vtkPythonUtil.h with VTK_PYTHON_EXPORT
>
> Add this at the top of vtkPythonUtil.h :
>
> #ifdef vtkCommonPython_EXPORTS
> #define VTK_PYTHON_EXPORT VTK_EXPORT
> #else
> #define VTK_PYTHON_EXPORT
> #endif
>
> I'll test that as soon as the Python build will work again.

Sounds good.

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore]

Yes. This is in the plan for the FIND_* commands.  How about a syntax
like the following

FIND_LIBRARY (FOO_LIBRARY foo.lib
  PATHS /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]/lib
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\InstallPath]/lib
  etc)

Ken