[CMake-Promote] Generic installation instructions

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jan 10 14:28:13 EST 2006

Well, it would follow directly after "INSTALL".

> Glitches: CMake already generates an install_manifest.txt.  gccxml has
> a script file called cmake_install.cmake.  Maybe a different word

That's the file which is created if the CMakeLists.txt contains
INSTALL_XXX() commands.

> choice
> is in order.  For instance, CMakeHOWTO.txt, CMakeInstructions.txt, or
> CMakeHelp.txt.  Maybe alphebatization isn't the highest good, if the
> price is name collisions with other "install" stuff.  Hm, still,
> INSTALL* would be much better for getting people to dump their Autoconf
> INSTALL file.  Grr.  What about InstallWithCMake.txt?  Looks nice, but
> is it too long for command line hackers?

Command line hackers usually have a shell with filename completion I'd
say.

Bye
Alex

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl