[CMake-Promote] Generic installation instructions

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:46:48 EST 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>I'd say INSTALL-CMAKE.txt or INSTALL-CMake.txt is good. Or how about
>InstallCMake.txt, whoich is even more in line with the rest of the cmake
>files ?

I had thought that wouldn't alphebatize with the GNU Autoconf INSTALL.
But let me test that theory.  Hm, on Windows, alphebatization isn't case
sensitive.  How about on Unix?

Glitches: CMake already generates an install_manifest.txt.  gccxml has a
script file called cmake_install.cmake.  Maybe a different word choice
is in order.  For instance, CMakeHOWTO.txt, CMakeInstructions.txt, or
CMakeHelp.txt.  Maybe alphebatization isn't the highest good, if the
price is name collisions with other "install" stuff.  Hm, still,
INSTALL* would be much better for getting people to dump their Autoconf
INSTALL file.  Grr.  What about InstallWithCMake.txt?  Looks nice, but
is it too long for command line hackers?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every
20% of the world is real.