[cmake-developers] OpenBSD without SONAME

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:19:51 EDT 2014

> CMake would much rather use full paths rather than -L/-l because of
> ambiguity problems.
>

> While I can see that; I can get around abguity by ordering the order of -L
entries... like if one was buliding an upgrade to an already installed
library, one would want the current version to link against what's being
built not what's installed

It would appear that LD has no internal default paths so they're all
specified on the command line or in linker scripts
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9922949/how-to-print-the-ldlinker-search-path

So I personally didn't understand why it was specifying full path to .so's
anyway.

I think maybe there was one-off systems that were considered 'standard'
when developing these things....(should have been the exception not the
rule)  And maybe I'm way off base