[cmake-developers] CPack IFW generator

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Mon May 26 04:38:23 EDT 2014

Thank you Brad !

Apologies for the delay in response, but these two weeks I fished and not programmed .

As I said, I'm new to developing CMake. Thank you for making the patch , but I do not know what to do with it .

Your comments are very valuable for me. I will try to use them in the future development of the generator.

I understand that my project is not yet ready for release.

I will make changes in my local repository (git :/ / podsvirov.pro / cmake / cpackifwgenerator.git )

When the code is stable , I want to make it available to the entire community.

As always , I apologize for my bad English .

12.05.2014, 18:32, "Brad King" <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On 05/08/2014 03:14 AM, Konstantin Podsvirov wrote:
>
>>  Qt is distributed with of his Qt Installer Framework (QtIFW).
>
> For reference, here is a link:
>
>  http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Installer-Framework
>
>>  I decided to make friends CMake and QtIFW.
>>
>>  I added CPack IFW generator and module FindIFW.cmake.
>
> Thanks for working on this.
>
>>  You can copy the code and test it:
>>
>>  git clone git://podsvirov.pro/cmake/cpackifwgenerator.git
>
> For reference, I constructed a patch with the net change from
> your topic.  I revised some whitespace too.  See attachment.
>
> I'd appreciate comments from others on this mailing list that
> have worked on developing CPack generators.  Also, I'm not
> familiar with IFW so I can only comment on this from the
> CMake/CPack side.
>
> The patch adds a FindIFW module and has CPack use it to find
> the packaging tools and add macro cpack_configure_ifw_component.
> In general find modules may not run reliably outside of a
> find_package() call in project CMake code (e.g. CMakeLists.txt)
> because no information about the host or target platform is
> available otherwise.  Normally CPack generators have their own
> logic for finding the packaging tools.  The location should
> not be needed outside of CPack.  A separate module like
> CPackIFW could be used to provide the macro.  We should not
> need a FindIFW module at all.
>
> -Brad

Regards