[cmake-developers] valgrind errors

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri Nov 18 10:15:26 EST 2011

> We seems to have some valgrind errors on the dashboard:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewDynamicAnalysisFile.php?id=2554459
>
> Seems to have started with this day:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewChanges.php?project=CMake&date=2011-11-12
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewUpdate.php?buildid=1717708
>
> I think it might be this find module change that has exposed the issue:
>
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=f30f9a500c5e5aeb053c41307dab9987735570dd
>
> Looks like the status is somehow not getting set for a call to message.

Should be this:

CMake Warning at /home/kitware/Dashboards/My
Tests/CMake/Modules/FindBISON.cmake:71 (IF):
  given arguments:

    "bison (GNU Bison) 2.3

  Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

  This is free software" " see the source for copying conditions.  There is
  NO

  warranty" " not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
  PURPOSE." "MATCHES" "^bison\\+\\+"

  Unknown arguments specified

The culprit here seems to be this part of "bison --version" output:

                     ^

So from what I would guess this could be also exposed by calling

if("a" "b" MATCHES "d")

Greetings,

Eike