[CDash] Random questions

Cristian Morales Vega christian.morales.vega at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:54:54 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 20:26, Zack Galbreath <zack.galbreath at kitware.com> wrote:
>> * What are the CDash Append semantics? Is it configurable?
>

> I'm not sure. I would have to do some manual experiments to see what effect (if any) the Append flag has on results submitted to CDash.

I'm guessing that puts it in the "nobody uses it -> is not really too
tested -> avoid it" category?

>> * What are "Dynamic BuildGroups"
>> I have only seen them referenced in
>> http://mycdash.com/manageBuildGroup.php?projectid=1#!#dynamic
>

> You can use dynamic build groups to show the most recent results regardless of when they occurred.
>
> https://blog.kitware.com/dynamic-buildgroups-in-cdash/
>
> An example of this is the "latest master" group on VTK's dashboard:
> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK
> It shows the most recent results of building master across a variety of configurations.

Thanks. FWIW I have already understood that half of the best
documentation of CDash is in blog posts. And have read everything in
https://blog.kitware.com/tag/cdash/. That specific post lacks the
CDash tag! Probably I should have looked at
https://blog.kitware.com/author/zack-galbreath/, though :-p I would
look at https://blog.kitware.com/tag/software-process, but it's
polluted with too many cmake X.Y.Z released/ready for testing posts.