[CDash] Random questions

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Thu Feb 21 20:26:47 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 6:00 AM Cristian Morales Vega <
christian.morales.vega at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * What's a "track"? Does it refer to "Build Group"?

Yes, you're right.  What CTest refers to as a "track" is a Build Group in
CDash.

* What are the CDash Append semantics? Is it configurable?

I'm not sure. I would have to do some manual experiments to see what effect
(if any) the Append flag has on results submitted to CDash.

* What are "Dynamic BuildGroups"
> I have only seen them referenced in
> http://mycdash.com/manageBuildGroup.php?projectid=1#!#dynamic

You can use dynamic build groups to show the most recent results regardless
of when they occurred.

https://blog.kitware.com/dynamic-buildgroups-in-cdash/

An example of this is the "latest master" group on VTK's dashboard:
https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK
It shows the most recent results of building master across a variety of
configurations.