[CDash] Scripting project creation

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Thu Feb 21 20:39:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 7:15 AM Cristian Morales Vega <
christian.morales.vega at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have lots of small independent projects instead of a few big ones
> (in general the small ones are not really subprojects of others). So I
> would like to script away the creation of projects in CDash. Can this
> be done?
>
> In https://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:API#List I see how to list
> projects, but no how to create them.

Yes, this should be doable.

When you click the "Create Project" button, CDash sends a POST request
to /api/v1/project.php. An example of the JSON payload for this request is
attached.

In order to use this API endpoint you'll need to provide a bearer API token
from a CDash user that has permission to create projects. You can create
such a token on user.php after logging in. Include it in the header of your
request like so:

"Authorization: Bearer <token>"