[CDash] GitHub Status API support

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Wed Feb 20 21:19:58 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:54 PM Cristian Morales Vega <
christian.morales.vega at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the time being... my Jenkins actually does know when it has
> finished. If I could retrieve the CDash buildid when doing
> ctest_submit() I could store/show it somewhere. There is any way to do
> this?

As of CMake 3.13, yes. CTest now provides enough information for CDash to
initialize a buildid at submit time (rather than parse time). CDash
includes this buildid in its XML response. It looks like the only way to
see this from the command-line currently is to call ctest with the --debug
argument. Here's an example:

<cdash version="2.7.0">
  <status>OK</status>
  <message></message>
  <buildId>56</buildId>
  <md5>663d1dbb340ef6166058d94b990107e2</md5>
</cdash>

There's a potential complication here if the CDash instance you're
submitting to is configured for asynchronous submissions (as most of our
public CDash instances are). The concept here is that CDash can get busy at
certain times of day. So instead of asking the testing clients to wait
while CDash parses their XML files, the submissions get added to a queue
that CDash works on offline. So just because your build has completed in
Jenkins doesn't mean that CDash has parsed its results yet.