[CDash] Where and how to display git SHA of commit at CDash dashboard?

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 14:47:37 UTC 2018

I'm not sure what the mechanism is, for I have not kept pace with the
changes over the last couple years, but .... I have noticed that the
Update column for VTK and CMake dashboards now report an abbreviated
value of a git commit hash. See, for example, the main page of the
CMake dashboard, and look at the Update column:
https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake

I would assume that if you are using latest releases of CDash and
CMake/CTest that it is fairly simple to have the git hash of the
corresponding source tree sent up.

Hopefully somebody who knows what the mechanism is can reply and give
a hint, but if not, I bet it's not too difficult to figure it out
based on analysis of the source code of CDash and CMake.CTest.

HTH,
David C.