[CDash] Broken links to github.com/<organization>/<project>/pull/CHANGE_ID at cdash.org/index.php

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Sat Apr 7 12:00:15 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 5:11 AM, Niels Dekker <
niels_dekker_address_until_2024 at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Update #2: As a workaround, I entered the "Repository Viewer URL" (CDash
> Settings, Project, Repository) with uppercase "HTTPS":
>
>   HTTPS://github.com/SuperElastix/SuperElastix
>
> It appears that CDash does not strip off uppercase "HTTPS://" (while it
> does strip off lowercase "https://")! So now the little Octocat.png icons
> at our dashboard properly link to the corresponding GitHub pull requests:
>
>   http://trunk.cdash.org/index.php?project=SuperElastix&date=2018-03-30
>
> Please let us know if this workaround is OK, or if it has some drawbacks.

That sounds like a reasonable workaround.  Thanks for digging into this
issue and figuring out what's causing it.  I think the right fix (as you
indicated) is to remove the stripHTTP function and its uses altogether.
But I want to do some manual testing first to make sure this won't cause
problems with any of our other external links.