[CDash] reducing cdash database size

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jan 16 20:42:20 UTC 2017

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:36:59 -0500, Zack Galbreath said:

>Do you know if old builds are being deleted or not?

I do not know.

>You can check with the
>following SQL query:
>
>select starttime from build order by starttime limit 1;

It gives:

mysql> select starttime from build order by starttime limit 1;
+---------------------+
| starttime           |
+---------------------+
| 2014-11-21 22:06:47 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

So I guess there are indeed old builds in there...?

>If not, you can run this deletion process manually from a shell on your
>server.
>
>cd /path/to/CDash
>php scripts/autoRemoveBuilds.php <project-name>
>(this will probably take a long time to run if you have old builds to prune)

Just done that, for most projects it went like:

$ php autoRemoveBuilds.php Foo
removing builds for Foo
  -- removing old buildids for projectid: 8
  -- removing old buildids for projectid: 8

But for one:

$ php autoRemoveBuilds.php Brainsight
removing builds for Brainsight
  -- removing old buildids for projectid: 1
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 102320960 bytes) in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/cdash/cdash/pdocore.php on line 289

And my mysql data folder is still 43 GB and your 'select' command still has that 2014 date. :(

The machine has 48 GB RAM, can I hack something to allow that 100 MB allocation to proceed?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com