[CDash] Custom columns in the dashboard

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Dec 13 20:31:09 UTC 2017

In this specific case, these two builds reuse the same source directory.  The MySQL build runs first, so it gets all the updates.  Hence the Postgres build always reports zero files changed.

Some other projects no longer call ctest_update() at all.  Instead they rely on another tool (Jenkins, buildbot, etc) to update the repository.  In this case it's harder for CDash to know what files were modified.
<

OK, then that’s fine. it explains it well enough. I went to a bit of trouble to do a careful rest to master, then getting ctest_update to pull the merged prs, to ensure that the update step showed the correct files on the dashboard, so it should be fine with the new sha display.

Could it be arranged to have the best of both worlds by displaying something like “db7d8b (40)” - then it’d be perfect.

Different question. Our sysadmins tell me they’re busy and they will upgrade our cdash in Feb. Is it likely that 2.5 will be released before that timeframe (just curious).

Thanks

JB