[CDash] Custom columns in the dashboard

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Wed Dec 13 15:37:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch>
wrote:

> I clicked on that and I see 40 files changed, but if I click on the
> dashboard there are two rows that show 3ef8a5 as the update sha. The first
> (correctly shows 40 files changed), the second shows zero L
>

> All the times I click on them, they always show zero, the 40 files is the
> first I’ve seen where it look correct.

This has more to do with the CTest clients that are submitting to CDash.

In this specific case, these two builds reuse the same source directory.
The MySQL build runs first, so it gets all the updates.  Hence the Postgres
build always reports zero files changed.

Some other projects no longer call ctest_update() at all.  Instead they
rely on another tool (Jenkins, buildbot, etc) to update the repository.  In
this case it's harder for CDash to know what files were modified.