[CDash] Custom columns in the dashboard

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Thu Dec 7 15:21:14 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch>
wrote:

> Hello list
>

> I have been playing with the python github module that allows you to fetch
> PR’s and using it to trigger builds on different machines here at CSCS and
> then display the results back on the dashboard. It works very nicely - but
> one nice feature would be the ability to add a column to the dashboard to
> show a clang-format/inspect type test that runs before doing the builds, so
> that I can fail a PR if the code style is bad.
>

> This can be made into a test, but we usually run it as a pre-build/test
> step so that devs can fix that suff immediately instead of waiting N hours
> for all the other stuff to finish.
>

> Can it be done? (adding a new column)

Adding arbitrary new columns isn't currently feasible in CDash, but we do
use static analysis tools on our codebases and display the results on the
dashboard.  We typically accomplish this as a build step (rather than a
test).

Here's an example of some warnings from include-what-you-use:
https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=5036499

And here's an example of scan-build reporting some errors:
https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=5100647

We'd be happy to help you get something like this set up if this looks
promising to you.