[CDash] email credentials

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 19:16:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've been relying on having an email and password in a php file on the
CDash server, so it can send emails using that account via SMTP.
Recently I had to change the password, and then this stopped working
until I noticed the failure, figured out why, and updated the password
in the php file.

While it should be secure from other folks being able to access that
file (unauthorized access should not be possible), I am wondering if
this is the typical way others enable their CDash installations to
send mail.

Is there a way to setup the CDash server with email sending capability
without storing the email/password as plain text on the server?

Thanks,
David C.